Travel Health Services

Owenabue Medical centre is approved for Yellow fever vaccination and certification. Speak to us about Travel Vaccines, Travel Health & Malaria prophalaxis


What vaccinations do I need?


The vaccinations you require will depend on your destination (even specific locations within a country), the duration of your stay and the activities you plan to engage in while travelling.


It is recommended that you have a detailed travel itinerary including destinations within a country and time to be spent there. If you plan particular activities off the beaten track again it is advised to let us know (trekking).


Children travelling require special consideration. Please speak with a doctor at least 6 weeks prior to travelling with children.



When should I get my vaccinations?

You need to have most travel vaccinations at least 4 weeks prior to travel but some require courses of injections that may take up to 6 weeks to complete and ideally 6 months is needed to complete a course for hepatitis B. It is therefore important that you consider the vaccinations you may need as soon as you know of your intention to travel.


Please note that travel vaccinations are expensive due to the high cost of raw ingredients so clients are advised to inquire about the cost of their vaccinations prior to consultation.


Useful site


European Health Insurance card

If travelling within the European Union remember to get your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

This can be obtained online on